Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Live your dream




So I finally picked up the paints and paintbrushes after a hectic week of having moved back to Norway and starting my summer job! Even though it's only been a couple of weeks, there was an immense feeling of homecoming, possibly because it's the first time I've properly sat down to paint since becoming a graduate.

I want to develop my typography, so did this. After thinking a while about things to write, this little cliche appeared on the paper.

Suitable at the moment, though, as I am tentatively moving step by step into the world of becoming a freelance illustrator.

This is mainly a lengthy doodle, hence the slight roughness!

2 comments:

  1. Beauty!! A lot of people were pointing at your typographical pieces at ND, you should push them I think, you have a real talent for it! Why don't you try whole alphabets, rather than sayings etc? Could help get the letters out faster? Your colours are always lovely as well xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou! :D
    I am intending to:) And an alphabet is up my sleeve, haha. I'm trying to come up with a good idea for it, like a theme or something, but maybe I should just make them pretty and concept-less, hahah.

    Sayings are so much FUN though. It allows me to play with the composition too, mmmmm. <3

    ReplyDelete